Thursday, April 22, 2010

Our first post

I had a thought yesterday about starting another blog. The idea came from many conversations Keith and I have had over the past 2 years or so since we've been a "couple" and how we've recently been approaching married life and have decided to be as chemical-free as we can be.

I think a big kick came last year when I learned that our skin is the largest organ in our body. And that scared me...it made me think, what am I putting on my skin??
So since learning that, I've tried, without complete success, but very close, to have a don't-put-anything-on-my-skin-that-I-wouldn't-put-in-my-mouth philosophy. So shampoos, soaps, creams and all that jazz have been as chemical-free as possible which has led to discovering more and more ways to live environmentally conscious as well as keeping our bodies from harmful things around us.

We've read a lot of articles, had many conversations and have tried a number of different products and have decided to eat and buy as chemical-free as possible. We're going to use this blog to share articles and recipes and things that we've done and do to live with this kind of lifestyle as well as things that we learn and discover along the way.

So, there it is!

- Beka

No comments:

Post a Comment