Monday, January 24, 2011

Update on Face Cream

The olive oil worked wonderfully for about six to eight weeks and then I noticed my skin was getting so dry. Again. I realized that the olive oil is a very surface moisturizer, and it really does work well for the top layer of my skin and really helped ward off blemishes, but after a few weeks of just using that, my face started feeling quite dry.

I was on the hunt for a more deep penetrating moisturizer. I looked up some positive things on avocado oil and drinking a lot of water. I failed to find avocado oil but took up drinking a lot of water as I learned that to hydrate your skin, it has to come from within. As in, drinks lots of water to hydrate your inside so in turn it hydrates the outside.



    At the moment to wash my face I'm really liking this Green Beaver product:

it's a grapefruit and bamboo light exfoliate that cleanses really well and doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. I continue to use olive oil to moisturize the area around my eyes as I use it everyday as my make-up remover. I find it removes makeup the best!

This is my face regiment for now, will let you know when it changes! This week I'm hoping to drop by Earthsong Village to check out their Black Soap to see if it's a facial cleanser that can work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment