Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lafes Deodorant



I've been using Lafes for just over a year and a half now - and it's been the same $7.99 stick. This stuff lasts for a long time!

I can honestly say it took me years to find a natural deodorant that actually worked - for me. There were lots that my friends and family have used that worked for them, but somehow not for me.

Sidenote: I must say that I loved using Mama Goode's  deodorant. My body for the most part adjusted to it and it was my go-to for quite a bit. I just wished she lived in Toronto!

So on the long hunt for a natural deodorant that didn't leave me smelling like Pine Sol or B.O., I finally landed on Lafes. My brother convinced me it was the best stuff in the world and all his coworkers who do heavy lifting love it too. I was so excited! I tried it. And then was so disappointed - why? Surprise! It didn't work for me...I still smelled like B.O. a few hours after applying it. Sigh.

And then I discovered a little trick - and it's worked like a charm.

I use this Lafes stick and then pat dry with baking soda. Yup. This combo works amazingly for me. I'm sure there's lots of people who can just use this "salt stick" and it works for them, but for me, I find the combo of this patted with baking soda is what does it for me.

What exactly do I do?
I wet the stick under water for a wee bit. Rub it up and down about 25 times on my armpit. Take a little bit of baking powder (that I've put into a little shaker container) and pat dry.

At the end of the day [graphic warning] I can rub my armpits and take a whiff and smell nothing. Honestly, it works that well.

If you're on the hunt for a natural deodorant that actually works - try this one out. Remember that everybody is different and every body is different. Find one that works for you, it's so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I had major issues finding a natural deodorant that worked for me. The one that worked best, Herban Cowboy, pooped out partway through the day. Then, I remembered reading your tip about the baking soda. I tried it, and it works like a charm! (That's saying something, because I even sweat through clinical strength anti-perspirant). Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's so great. I'm with you...I can sweat through anything! Been testing just a lime wedge this week. So far I'm pretty impressed! Going to give it a week or two more before I post my final findings.

    ReplyDelete